Daily Dirt - 7/5/12
I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th. With the exception of a brief ER visit and some stitches for one of our Little DirtBags, we had a great day! Here's some "dirt" as we head into the July live period...
• I can confirm that former San Francisco head coach Jessie Evans has been hired as the top assistant at Southeast Missouri. Evans was also the head coach at Louisiana-Lafayette and holds a 163-137 record in 11 seasons as a head coach. He spent a big part of his career as an assistant to Lute Olson at Arizona where he was part of the 1997 National Championship squad. He has also been an assistant at Minnesota, San Diego State, Texas and Wyoming.
• Multiple sources have told me that De La Salle HS (CA) head coach Frank Allocco is involved with an assistant spot at St. John’s. I have heard that he has already been on campus to interview with head coach Steve Lavin. He is in the running to replace Mike Dunlap who was named head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats a few weeks ago.
• It sounds like former UNC Charlotte assistant Chris Cheeks is involved with a position at Delaware. He has also been an assistant at VCU, West Virginia and Georgia State, and has most recently been coaching with the DC Assault AAU.
• I have heard that Coastal Carolina DBO Sean Stoudt has departed for a similar position on Larry Brown’s new staff at SMU. He had spent the past two seasons at Coastal Carolina, and was a four-year manager at North Carolina before that.
• It sounds like Matt Hurt will be promoted from video coordinator to DBO on Cliff Ellis’ staff at Coastal Carolina to replace Stoudt. I’ve also heard that Isaac Brown will be hired to assume Hurt’s role as the video coordinator.
You must LOGIN to post a comment