1st Annual YMA Coaches Clinic
Date: Sunday, November 8th
Time: 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
Location: Yonkers Montessori Academy, 162 Woodlawn Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10704
Cost: $80. Discounts available for multiple coaches from the same staff
Registration: YMA Coaches Clinic Registration
- Great Speakers • Opportunity to Network • Lunch provided •
This clinic will serve to raise funds for upgrades to the YMA gymnasium, locker room, aid YMA in the ability to purchase equipment.
Lou DeMello, Asst. Varsity Boy’s Coach, The Masters School; Basketball Director for Modified/JV teams
- Brings over 30 years of coaching experience and knowledge as a former high school/college coach, AAU and camp director.
- Has won a NYC and NYS high school championship.
- Founder and Executive Director of the Westchester Hawks, which was the county’s largest AAU program.
- Founder and Organizer of Slam Dunk Boys and Girls High School Basketball Tournament.
Ron Naclerio, Head Coach, Cardozo High School (35th year)
- Brings over 40 years of coaching experience and knowledge.
- Fourth coach in New York State to reach 700 wins.
- Two PSAL City Championships with Cardozo HS, 1999 & 2014.
- Coach of the Year awards
Dr. Hal Wissel,founder of Basketball World/ current NBA Consultant/former NBA & College Coach
- Wealth of NBA and College experience and knowledge including coaching, scouting and working in the front office
- Assistant coach for player development for the Golden State Warriors (2006-07).
- Assistant coach with the Memphis Grizzlies (2002-05) .
- Advance scout for the Dallas Mavericks (2001–02).
- Assistant coach for the New Jersey Nets (1996–99).
- Director of player personnel for the Nets (1995–96).
- Scout and special assignment coach with the Milwaukee Bucks (1990–95).
- Assistant coach and head scout with the Atlanta Hawks (1976–77).
- Compiled more than 300 wins as a collegiate head coach.
- Led Florida Southern to four straight trips to the NCAA Division II Tournament and three straight trips to the Division II Final Four (‘80, ‘81, and ‘82); NCAA Division II National Champions in 1981.
- In 1972, coached Fordham University into the NIT Tournament.
- In 1972, founded Basketball World, a venture that conducts basketball camps and clinics and produces and distributes books and videos.
- In 1975, coached the Dominican Republic National Team.
- Honors include being named:
- Coach & Athlete magazine’s Eastern Coach of the Year in 1972
- Sunshine State Conference Coach of the Year (‘79, ‘80, ’81)
- Division II National Coach of the Year by the NABCoaches in 1980.
- Inducted into the New England Basketball Hall of Fam; the Florida Southern College Athletic Hall of Fame; the Sunshine State Conference Hall of Fame and was named Sunshine State Conference Silver Anniversary Coach.
Bobby Gonzalez,TV/Radio, NBA Scout, former College Coach
- Seton Hall University
- 2010 NIT First Round
- Manhattan College
- 2002 NIT First Round,
- 2003 NCAA First Round; MAAC Regular Season and Tournament champions
- 2004 NCAA Second Round; MAAC Regular Season and Tournament champions
- 2006 NIT Second Round; MAAC Regular Season champions
- MAAC Coach of the Year (2003, 2006)
- Assistant Coach – 2005 USA World University Games Team – Gold Medal Team