Here are some things that are happening as practice gets underway…
- Brooks Malm has been promoted to Director of Player Development at the University of Idaho. He has worked in administrative roles on Don Verlin’s staff since 2015, and also spent one season at Walla Walla CC.
- It sounds as though URI assistant coach Tyron Boswell, who has been on administrative leave since September 18th, will be reinstated shortly. Yesterday, he entered a no contest plea to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and had a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest dismissed. These charges stemmed from his arrest on 9/17 following a fight at a concert at URI’s Ryan Center.
- Texas Permian Basin has added Dustin Yoder as an assistant basketball coach. He had spent the past five seasons working for Bruce Weber at Kansas State, serving most recently as the video coordinator. He also worked as a manager for Weber at Illinois.
- Ato Green has been named as the head basketball coach at Rust College (MS). He had most recently been an assistant women’s coach at Rhodes College (TN). From 2010-15, he had served as the head women’s basketball coach at Rust.
Bruce Johnson has been hired as an assistant coach at Oberlin College (OH). He has also spent three seasons Lakeland CC and two at Lorain CCC (OH) as an assistant coach.
Newbury College (MA) has added Donovin Ford-Hayes to the men’s basketball staff. Ford-Hayes is a 2015 graduate of Becker College where he scored 1,049 career points.
- Evan O’Brien has been named as the associate head coach at MassBay CC. He was most recently an assistant coach at Pine Manor College, and has also served as the head coach at Newbury College and Framingham State.
- Check out our partners at Virtual Scout School. You can use our exclusive promo code HoopDirt to get one free month….