Some things that I’ve heard while getting ready for today’s games…
- The hot name right now at George Washington is UMBC head coach Ryan Odom. A sneaky name here is Yale head coach James Jones. Parker is running this one.
- An early name at St. Joe’s is Indiana assistant Bruiser Flint. The St. Joe’s alum has also served as the head coach at UMass and Drexel. Obviously St. Joe’s needs to hit a home run with this hire.
- An interesting Tweet from Nebraska insider Lars Anderson claiming that Fred Hoiberg will replace Tim Miles (even though Miles is still coaching the team in the NIT). Only ounce of credibility on this one is that Anderson was the first to report that the Huskers had hired Scott Frost as their head football coach last December.
- LeMoyne head coach Patrick Beilein has reportedly interviewed at Niagara. At least one other DII head coach is involved here. Sounds like this could be wrapped up fairly quickly.
- Early names at Appalachian State include Gardner-Webb head coach Tim Craft, Presbyterian head coach Dustin Kerns, and Campbell head coach Kevin McGeehan.
- The search at Elon is underway. I’ve heard as of right now, the AD is talking to interested candidates, and is still unsure if a search firm will be used. More on this one as I hear it.
- DIII Hampden-Sydney College is wrapping-up on campus interviews this week. The names that I’ve heard are Austin Shaver (former assistant at William & Mary – former assistant at HS-C), Caleb Kimbrough (head coach Huntingdon College – former ODAC assistant), and Aaron Toomey (assistant coach Amherst College). This one should be done next week.