Some things that I have heard…
- I have heard that DII Minnesota Duluth will name Justin Wieck as their new head basketball coach. Wieck has been the associate head coach at Minnesota Moorhead for the past five seasons, and also served as the head coach at Jamestown University (N.D.), where he went 32-31 in two seasons. He beat out Ohio Dominican University head coach Dan Evans and current Duluth assistant Matt Hockett for the job. North Dakota assistant coach Jeff Horner was also a finalist, but he accepted the job at Truman State earlier this week. An official announcement is expected any day.
- I have heard that George Mason assistant coach Dane Fischer is the leader at DIII Washington University in Saint Louis. Fischer has been with Dave Paulson at GMU since 2015, and also worked for him at Bucknell and Williams College. There are also three current DIII head coaches in the final group – one from New England, one from the Midwest, and one from Pacific Northwest, as well as current WashU assistant coach Caleb Lawson. I’ve heard that an official announcement is expected soon.
- Mike Annese, a former assistant at Truman State, has accepted an assistant spot at UMary (ND). Annese played at Colorado State when current UMary head coach Joe Kittell was the video coordinator there. He also spent two seasons as a graduate assistant at Iowa Lakes CC.
- The search at DIII Curry College is moving along. I have heard that there were 140 applications for the part-time position. The field has been cut down to 25. The next steps are unclear at this point. More on this one as I hear it.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: