I hope everyone is enjoying Indy…one of my favorite Final Four cities! Here are a few things that I’ve heard so far today…
• I have heard from great source that former NBA player Darrell Walker interviewed at Arkansas-Little Rock yesterday. Walker, who played at Arkansas, was the 12th pick in the 1983 draft. He played for five teams during his ten year NBA career, and has also been an assistant coach with the Knicks, Pistons, Hornets, Wizards, and Raptors.
• Starting to hear some names at Bucknell. After he departed for George Mason, Former head coach Dave Paulsen threw his support to associate head coach Dane Fischer. Fischer has been at Bucknell for the past seven years. He also was an assistant at Rider, and worked for Paulsen at Williams. A couple former Bucknell assistants are also being mentioned here…Winthrop associate head coach Mark Prosser (worked at Bucknell from 2004-2006) and Randolph-Macon head coach Nathan Davis (Spent five seasons on Pat Flannery’s staff at BU). Another name to keep an eye on here is St. Joe’s assistant Dave Duda. He has been at St. Joe’s for the past nine seasons, and had a great eight year run as the head coach at Widener University (PA).
• When Tim Fuller left Missouri a few weeks ago, he left with a pretty good package. The Columbia Daily Tribune obtained the separation agreement between Fuller and the school which shows that he will be paid just over $96,000 as part of the deal. He will receive a lump sum of $54,166.68, as well as a payment for unused vacation time, which is estimated to be about $42,500 (based on Fuller’s $325,000 salary). The agreement gives Fuller permission to pursue other jobs now even though he will remain an employee of the university until April 8.
• Very obvious early names at VCU: Will Wade (UTC), Mike Rhoades (Rice) and Anthony Grant (former head coach at Alabama and VCU). This is still fresh, will have more as I hear it.
• Keep an eye on HoopDirt.com in the next few days…some BIG changes coming!!