A few quick things that I’ve heard…
- The “hot” early name to replace Gregg Nibert at Presbyterian is B.J. McKie. The former University of South Carolina standout is the current associate head coach at Charleston Southern. McKie finished his playing career at South Carolina in 1999 as the Gamecocks’ all-time leading scorer with 2,119. Sounds like he has a ton of support for this one.
- The search to replace Bob Schlosser at DIII Elizabethtown is moving along, with Skype interviews wrapping-up this week. The names that I have heard here are: former Elizabethtown assistant coach (and alum) Brad Karli, Pitt Bradford head coach Britt Moore, and Lebanon Valley assistant coach Will Cabrera. More on this as I hear it.
- Earlier this week, I mentioned six names that made the Skype round at Johns Hopkins (DIII DIRT). I have now been told by a great source to add Medaille head coach Mike Blaine to the list. He is a Johns Hopkins alum who has also worked at Cornell, UMES, Army, and James Madison. Sounds like there may be one more DIII head coach involved rounding out the list to 8.
- It have heard that Larry Reynolds is no longer the head basketball coach at DII Cal State Stanislaus. He had been the head coach at Stanislaus since 2009, and was also the head coach at Long Beach State and Cal State San Bernardino. It sounds like a new head coach will be in place by the beginning of May.
- DIII Shenandoah began on campus interviews this week. Sounds like they plan to have someone hired by the end of next week.
- The search at DIII Maine Maritime has begun. The job is not posted yet, but I have heard that it will be a full-time position which will pay $48,000.