Some things that I’ve heard…
- Multiple sources have told me that the leader at DII Colorado Mesa is current Rhodes College (TN) head coach Mike DeGeorge. I have heard that he could be officially introduced by the end of the week. DeGeorge, who was hired at Rhodes back in 2010, has also been the head coach at Cornell College (IA), and Eureka College (IL). During his tenure at Rhodes, he has led the Lynx to a 116-96 record in his eight seasons at the school.
- Kyle Taylor, who had spent the past two seasons as the special assistant to the head coach at Utah State will become an assistant at Idaho State. Taylor was the head coach at Covenant College (GA) from 2009-16 and has also worked at Minnesota State Moorhead, William Jewell and Cal State Northridge, and Pepperdine. An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Former UNC Charlotte assistant Andre Gray has landed at UNC Greensboro. Gray had been at Charlotte since 2015, and has also been an assistant at UNC Wilmington, Western Carolina, Winston Salem State, and Wingate.
- Matt Sligh, who spent last season as an assistant at Missouri State, will join the staff at Kent State. He had spent the past two seasons at Missouri State, and was the head coach at Motlow State (TN) before that.
- St. Mary’s (MD) assistant coach Mikel Kosich will join the staff at South Alabama as the special assistant to the head coach. He had been at St. Mary’s for the past three seasons, and had worked as a student at both La Salle and Montana State Billings.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: