Today’s Daily Dirt….
- I have heard that two Iowa State managers have landed graduate assistant gigs…Nick Buchanan will become a GA at Tennessee-Martin, and Ryan Kirsch will assume the GA role at DII Augustana (SD). Both guys had the opportunity to work for Steve Prohm and Fred Hoiberg at Iowa State.
- I have heard from a great source that Blue Mountain CC (OR) head coach Adam Ellis has resigned and will become an assistant coach DII St. Martin (WA). He just wrapped up his third season at BMCC.
- A few names that I’ve heard in the search at DIII Cazenovia College (NY) are Oswego State assistant coach Justin Stern, and former Onondaga CC head coach Dave Pasiak. It sounds like the interviews are complete, and a new coach could be named shortly. I’m hearing Stern is the leader here…
- I can confirm that new Pratt CC head coach Max Good has hired Tai Young as an assistant coach. He was most recently an assistant to Happy Osbourne at Kentucky Wesleyan, and has also been a student assistant at Tennessee Tech. Sounds like he’s going to kill it on the road for Coach Good!
- Good article from the Republican American on the dismissal of Post University head coach Al Sokaitis. One of the good guys in this business, Coach Sokaitis was doing things the right way at Post. As I say to a lot of guys, coaching is a GREAT job, but this can be a BAD business. It’s too bad that doing things the right way can cost you your gig.
- The Rising Coaches Conference in Indianapolis is fast approaching (July 5-7). If you’re a young guy in this business you need to be there! Click HERE for more info.