Catching-up on some small college men’s basketball staff moves…
- There has been a lot of attention given to the University of Maine for hiring Edniesha Curry as a men’s assistant coach this season. While she may be the only female DI assistant on the men’s side, others are following in her footsteps at the small college level. Legendary DII Jefferson University (PA) head coach Herb Magee has added Stephanie Carideo to his staff as an assistant. She is an alum of the school and had previously served as the head coach at DIII Penn State Abington. Her full bio can be found HERE.
- Former Elizabeth City University head coach John Hill has landed as an assistant coach at DII Goldey-Beacom College. Hill, who has spent the past two seasons at ECSU, has also served as the head coach at Virginia State and Lincoln University (PA).
- Roger Trennepohl has been named as an assistant at South Dakota Mines by new head coach Eric Glenn. Trennepohl had most recently spent four seasons as the head coach at Alliance HS (NE). Glenn has also retained assistant coach Ron Riherd who has been on the staff since 2014.
- HoopDirt.com reported back on 10/16 that Devon Mayo had been named as the new head coach at Lesley University (MA). While there was never an official release announcing the hiring, his bio is now listed on the LU website (HERE). Mayo has also named former teammate Pierre St. Simon as an assistant coach.
- Apparently Mike DeCarolis is no longer the head coach at Penn State Lehigh Valley. He had been there since the 2015 season. HoopDirt.com will have the job description for the part-time position posted shortly. **UPDATE: the job is posted HERE**
- Gywnedd Mercy University (PA) has added Bernie Fitzgerald and Nick Horvath to their men’s basketball staff. Fitzgerald had previously served on the Griffins staff from 2011-16 and spent the past two seasons in the high school ranks. Horvath has most recently coached with the East Coast Power AAU. They replace Harrison Singer who became at St. Thomas in Florida and Nick Burke who took a HS job in Philadelphia.
- Daniel Eacho who served as a graduate assistant at Salisbury last season will become an assistant at Hampden-Sydney. Last year was his first at SU, and he was a volunteer assistant at H-SC before that. He was a two-time All-ODAC honoree at league rival Roanoke College.
- Tommy Keenan, who had spent the past two seasons as an assistant at Brooklyn College has become an assistant at Medgar Evers College. Keenan has also served as an assistant at College of Mt. St. Vincent and was the head coach at Niagara Catholic (Buffalo).