Today’s Daily News & Notes from around the college basketball coaching world.
Catching up on a bunch of recent milestone wins:
- D2 Augusta University (GA) head coach Dip Metress won the 500th game of his career on Saturday with a 99-97 2OT win at Lander. Metress is now 500-235 (.680) in his career with 366 of his wins coming at Augusta (17 seasons), and 134 coming at Belmont Abbey (8 seasons).
- St. John’s head coach Mike Anderson won #400. Anderson began his head coaching career at UAB in 2002 after serving 17 years as an assistant coach at Tulsa and Arkansas, helping his mentor Nolan Richardson to 390 wins during that stretch. Anderson has also served as the head coach at Missouri and Arkansas, leading his teams to 12 postseason berths and nine NCAA Tournaments.
- D3 Geneva College (PA) head coach Jeff Santarsiero captured win #400. 328 of his wins have come in his 25 seasons at Geneva – the other 72 came during his tenure at Nyack.
- JUCO Harcum College (PA) head coach Drew Kelly won the 400th game of his career. Kelly was named as the first-ever men’s basketball coach at Harcum back in 2004. Before that, he spent two seasons as the head coach at Bucks CC (PA).
- Cal State Fullerton head coach Dedrique Taylor got his 100th win as a head coach this past weekend. He is the fourth head coach in program history to reach 100-win mark.
- Michael became the first Bowling Green graduate to win 100 games as head coach of the Falcons, and the 6th coach in program history to win 100. The 1994 BGSU alum now holds a 100-84 (.543) in his six seasons at the school.
- Duke’s win over #7 Virginia was the 100th time a team led by Mike Krzyzewski has defeated a top-10 team. Krzyzewski is now 100-95 vs. top ten teams at Duke. He did go 0-2 vs. top ten teams at Army.
HoopDirt.com’s College Basketball Coaching Changes Tracker for 2021 is now live. You can follow the changes at the NCAA D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and JUCO levels HERE.