Coach Tony Miller demonstrates a great shooting drill designed to improve players’ ability to take shots under pressure. Check out the full breakdown below!
3 Shot with Contest
Whether it’s a small group workout or a block of practice time, shooting drills are a cornerstone to our basketball program. Mixing in a variety of simple shooting games helps keep players engaged over the course of a long season. One of those games is our 3 Shot with Contest drill.
- As the name implies, each player will take 3 shots.
- The first shot is a catch-and-shoot 3PA.
- The second is a one dribble pullup (going either direction).
- When the final ball is passed out from the Dish, the second player runs out to contest the jump shot.
- Players then swap roles and continue shooting.