This position is responsible for assisting the Men’s Basketball program. The coordination of the student athlete services, strength and conditioning and recruitment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing a recruitment strategy for prospective student athletes. Informing prospects of University academic programs, talent evaluation, coordinating mailings, telephone calls, and email exchanges. Maintain department and University standards for communication by actively monitoring on campus and off campus through in person contacts. Work effectively with the department of intercollegiate athletics and office of enrollment services to meet freshman and transfer recruitment goals.
- Assist with day to day duties: Assist in the planning, development, and direction of all team training and conditioning activities in the traditional segment at a level that will place program in a position of competitive leadership in the Northern Athletics Conference. Assist in preparation and implementation of scouting reports, game film, as well as film exchange program.
- Assist in the development and implementation and execution of the strength and conditioning program within in the Sports Performance program. Provide instruction in technique and safety procedures in adherence with NCAA regulations and Sports Performance expectations. Assist the Sports Performance staff with the design of the strength & conditioning program. Attain proper certification while committing to continuing education for strength & conditioning.
- Implementation and organization of student athlete services program. Partner with the student success center and coaching staff in providing academic services for student athletes. Partner with Student Athlete Services to assist students in daily needs and services. Create a “watch” list each term, as well as monitor class attendance and term progress reports. Coordinate with Student Athlete Services to inform faculty of student-athlete absences.
- Assist with the retention of student athletes through social and academic counseling; interaction with University retention team and coaching staff. Retention of student-athletes, along with support of Student Athlete Services, by effectively coordinating and communicating attendance to all SOAR and department sponsored events.
- Assist with Men’s Basketball operations under the supervision of the Head Coach. This includes managing the overall budget, including the basketball operating budget, recruiting budget, and fundraising budget within the approved policies and procedures of Benedictine University. This will also include coordinating team travel, room reservations (on and off campus), and meals. This includes management, purchase and inventory of team uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for adherence to all NCAA, Northern Athletics (NACC) and institutional rules and regulations, including eligibility and compliance of student athletes, medical hardship documentation and extension waivers.
- Responsible for identifying and notifying student athletes of eligibility status through approved communication.
- Adherence to all Benedictine University and Department of Athletics policies and procedures. Work independently and creatively within established guidelines, while at the same time functioning as a member of a team.
- Attend departmental and University related meetings and events.
- Maintain self-control and poise; provide an example of sportsmanlike conduct for team members, officials, opponents and spectators.
- Work in coordination with University offices and departments to coordinate and facilitate Program needs, serve on University, conference and national committees as needed.
- Maintain high level of organization and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Maintain positive relationships with alumni, parents, students, officials, volunteers and fans.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor degree required, Master’s preferred.
Experience: Previous recruiting experience in higher education; collegiate athletics preferred.
Specific Skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel knowledge.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Knowledge of NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): Supervise student workers.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Nights and weekends required