Responsible for directing the Montana State University’s Basketball program in Bozeman, Montana. Responsibilities include: staff management, fiscal management, student-athlete welfare, academic integrity, public relations, sport-specific fund raising, rules compliance, and planning and implementation of practices and game strategies. The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including adhering to all Departmental, University, Big Sky Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations; cooperate with all coaches and administrative staff within the intercollegiate athletics programs to enhance overall departmental operations.
- Assist with scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, specifically with on- and off-campus visits of prospective student-athletes, as assigned.
- Assist in coaching student-athletes including evaluating their performance in practices and competition and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters, including consulting with the Head Coach, the Academic coordinator, and the respective Sport Administrator and other university administrators to resolve problems.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponent’s teams and assist in designing game plans and strategies. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings. Assist with the development of schedules for practice and competition, as assigned, including interfacing with departmental administrators.
- Participate in public relations activities, as requested, including granting interviews with newspapers, radio and TV media, attending press conferences, and making public appearances. Consult with assigned sports information staff regarding game preparations and media relations. Represent the Department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events, as requested. with planning and coordinating approved fund raising activities, as assigned.
- Participate in clinics, exhibitions, and camps as approved.
- Perform all other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach, the sport administrator, and/or the Director of Athletics.
Screening of applications will begin on June 2, 2017; however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
Follow link below for official job posting and application information.