Assistant Basketball Coach – Whitman College
Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of the Men’s Basketball Program.
1) Recruiting for the Men’s basketball head coach with on-line tools and Datatel reports.
2) Travel to viewing tournaments to evaluate prospective student-athletes and meeting with prospects when appropriate.
3) Writing recruiting letters, contacting recruits, screening incoming contact requests, and writing response letters.
4) Scouting opponents and assisting with scouting reports and film editing.
5) Manage game film exchange.
6) Assist with practice planning and on court instruction.
7) Assist with preparation of in-season and out of season strength and conditioning workouts
8) Special projects and duties as assigned by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
2. Valid driver’s license and ability to successfully pass background check and driving record check.
3. Ability to pass a physical.
1. Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and the ability to identify and recruit qualified student-athletes, including the ability to communicate effectively with recruits, parents, and coaches.
2. Outstanding skill instruction and teaching skills, ability to motivate students in both training and competitive realms, experience with training in and out of season, and the capacity to teach in both the varsity and academic settings.
3. Strong administrative and computer skills, and database management.
4. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. Appreciation for the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly selective academic environment, and the desire to help student-athletes strive for balance in that rigorous setting.
6. Requires mostly standing, walking, and office work; ability to lift objects or loads weighing up to 50 pounds.
Follow link below for official job posting and application information.