1. Assist Head Coach in organizing and directing various aspects of a highly competitive, Division I basketball program.
2. Assist in the recruitment and selection of student-athletes. Comply with NCAA guidelines for contacting and entertaining prospects. Initiate the process for determining academic eligibility and issuing National Letters of Intent.
3. Knowledge of and commitment to compliance with all NCAA, West Coast Conference and Brigham Young University rules and regulations, specifically the Honor Code, as well as dedication to the full academic and social development of student-athletes.
4. Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the Department and University.
5. Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including but not limited to: counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, when appropriate.
6. Attend and assist in conducting regular practice sessions in and out of season, as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations. Assist in implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum individual and team levels.
7. Monitors the eligibility status and promotes academic progress and success of student-athletes by working closely with assigned team Academic Advisors. Assist Head Coach in enforcing study hall attendance for student-athletes.
8. Compile data and reports as requested by the Head Coach
9. Participate in clinics, exhibitions and camp activities, as requested.
10. Assist Head Coach in developing and maintaining good alumni and booster relations.