I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
A. Assists the Head Coach in all aspects of athletic program development.
1. Works within HCC’s and the Athletic Department’s policies and procedures to accomplish goals.
2. Assist the Head Coach with recruitment of student athletes from HCC’s service area that are capable of benefiting from a community college education and athletic program.
a. Assess the physical abilities, academic background and personal character of the senior athletes in HCC’s service area.
b. Initiate personal contact with the high school coaches and each athlete.
3. Assist the head Coach in conducting well organized practices and provide for the physical conditioning and skill training for each athlete.
4. Assist athletes in transferring to a four-year institution.
5. Serve as a positive role model for student athletes.
6. Must use the dedicated service approach and a high level of respect, tact, and courtesy in dealing with student athletes, other coaching staffs, officials, college staff members and members of the community.
7. Posses good work habits, such as punctuality, attendance, dependability, cooperation and enthusiasm.