Richard J. Daley College is located on the southwest side of Chicago. As a City College of Chicago, Daley College offers accessible and affordable opportunities for academic advancement, career development, and personal enrichment. The Advanced Manufacturing College to Careers program is headquartered at Richard J. Daley College.
This position assists the Head Coach in the activities of an intercollegiate sport.
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student athletes.
- Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
- Critiques athletes performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
- Assists with the recruitment of student athletes.
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues. Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as necessary.
- Assists with assessment of equipment, uniforms and other necessary apparel and needs; assists with making team travel arrangements, both in accordance with the Board’s purchasing guidelines.
- Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games and tournaments; assists with training, practices and coaching in league, conference and tournament play.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of mandatory national and regional reports.
- Ensures that the conduct of self and the athletes is in compliance with the City Colleges of Chicago Athletic Governance Policy and Athletic Participation Policy.
- Performs related duties as assigned.