To assist in developing, promoting and supervising all facets of the University’s Men’s Basketball program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head Coach in the following:
- Ensuring that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including, but not limited to: player eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling and academic progress.
- Responsible for the academic advising of the student-athletes associated with the men’s basketball program and promoting a positive academic environment to encourage all athletes to strive for academic excellence.
- Assist in preparing and executing practice and game plans, strategies and alternatives which are designed to bring success to the program.
- Providing moral support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well being of the student-athletes.
- Establishing and maintaining community contacts, which enhance the success of the program.
- Assisting in the purchase, maintenance and inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Assist in directing and managing the recruiting efforts of the program within the financial limits of the Athletic Assistance Grants.
- Serving on committees, which promote or pertain to the success of the Men’s Basketball program or SVSU student-athletes.
- Assist in designing and implementing weight training programs for student-athletes.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with media.
- Maintain appropriate communications with student-athletes and parents.
- Assist in the planning of banquets, fund raising efforts and other activities which promote the program.
- Assist in managing travel arrangements for the team.