This 12-month position will assist the head men’s basketball coach with all aspects of the intercollegiate athletics program.
The successful applicant must be knowledgeable of and follow all university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. The assistant coach will be responsible for teaching basketball student-athletes a variety of tasks such as:
• Individual skills and techniques associated with basketball.
• Game tactics associated with basketball.
• Proper nutrition needed for participation in college athletics.
• Proper techniques in strength and conditioning training.
• Effective time management strategies for balancing academic and athletic team demands.
• Instruct team captains in leadership strategies.
• Instruct, monitor, counsel and assist student-athletes to make sure they meet satisfactory progress and eligibility rules.
• Recruit prospective student-athletes capable of graduating from our institution and will assist with scheduling conflicts, keeping missed class time to a minimum.
• Will be responsible for the academic performance of the student-athletes in their academic programs by monitoring class attendance, study/tutoring sessions, and assisting with academic advisors, when necessary.