The Assistant Director of Operations will assist in the overall, internal day to day operations of our flagship, nationally recognized, Division I basketball program. This position will support student-athletes and coaches in their overall development (athletic, academic, physical, social, and spiritual).
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Athletics Compliance & Recruiting
- Maintaining and submitting all compliance paperwork on time. This includes but is not limited to logging countable athletically related activities practice hours in the ARMS software program, monitoring and logging compliance forms for weekly team countable activities, submitting official and unofficial visit forms, and monitoring on-campus contacts.
- Managing recruiting database, coordinating travel arrangements (transportation, hotel, meals) for recruits, create visit itineraries (hosts, meetings, and activities). Work with coaching staff to develop and prepare general recruiting correspondence.
Game Day Operations
- Responsible for arranging game day practice times, coordinating pre-game meals and assigning game day managers. Assist in other game day responsibilities as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with Athletics facilities in monitoring daily upkeep of Davis Center relative to custodial services.
- Assist in planning for facility projects and enhancements.
Marketing, Promotions, & Media Relations
- Work closely with Athletics Marketing team to assist in the marketing and brand management of Villanova Basketball, including but not limited to game day atmosphere and in-game fan experience, marketing, and social media accounts.
- Assist in coordinating and managing appearances for TV show and podcast, to include student-athlete and staff participation, men’s basketball alumni and special guests.
- In addition to assigning game day managers, assist in overall management and assignments of duties for undergraduate and graduate managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Competent understanding of college basketball. Knowledge of NCAA rules compliance.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a collegiate basketball program preferably at the Division I level, in a coaching or manager role.
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database, etc.)