The Asst. Director of Men’s Basketball Operations will work under the direction of the Head Coach and the Director of MBB Operations. The employee will assist with coordinating the daily operations and administrative functions for the Division I men’s basketball program with a commitment to adhering to university, Conference and NCAA policies, procedures, and regulations. On the college level, the NCAA prohibits the Asst. Director of Operations’ involvement in coaching, assisting in coaching, or recruiting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with facilitating the efficient and routine operation of the Men’s Basketball program at Campbell University.
- Assist with facility needs, practice calendar, competition schedule, and contracts.
- Aid the director of operations with coordination of recruitment process, official visits, and assessment of documentation.
- Help with pre-meet event management and game-day operations.
- Assist with coordinating special events.
- Contribute to an environment conducive to the welfare and academic success of the student-athletes.
- Establish and maintain effective interactions with the university community, alumni, media and the public.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- This position requires night, weekend, and holiday work; as well as, travel.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Comprehensive computer knowledge and skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and knowledge of NCAA Division 1 basketball
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with the standards and expectations of a collegiate basketball program.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize effectively, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Effective decision-making and problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with trustees, faculty, staff, students, university officials and the public
- Maintain composure and focus in a stressful and fast paced office environment.
- Experience with PCs, video equipment, and other analytic software.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the ability to work with the Christian mission of Campbell University.
- Upon hire, obtain a broad knowledge of and abide by Campbell University policies and procedures, including, but not limited to; Title IX, HIPAA and FERPA guidelines