The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach will assist the Head Coach in all phases of the men’s basketball program. Duties include but will not be limited to on-court coaching, recruiting potential student athletes off campus, involved in on-campus recruit visits, planning team meals, academic monitoring and other administrative duties as assigned. However, the main emphasis will be on recruiting quality student-athletes who are great fits academically, socially and athletically to Alfred University
- In conjunction with head coach, oversee and evaluate assistant coaches, student assistants, and volunteers.
- Organize and implement a successful recruiting program which attracts academically and athletically gifted prospects – with an unwavering commitment to retention, degree completion and academic success.
- Have a valid driver’s record license and be able to travel for recruiting trips: must be flexible for nights and weekends.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAA conference, athletic department policy manual and the University.
- Encourage and create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect among the staff, coaches, and student athletes.
- Commitment to student- athlete safety and welfare as it pertains to all aspects of intercollegiate athletics.
- Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with College staff (Admission, Academic Resource Center, Student Affairs, etc.) and departmental staff to ensure an efficient and effective program.
- Encourage and administer an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefits to the campus and surrounding communities.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee comprehensive camps/clinics to increase involvement and participation.
- Maintain relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the program and University.
- Formal Education: 4 year degree
- Experience: College Basketball playing or coaching experience preferred.
- Additional knowledge/skills:
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Be able to represent the University and program in a professional manner at all times both on campus and off.
- The ability to travel independently for recruiting purposes.