Assists the Head Coach with the organization and administration of all aspects of the Augsburg men’s basketball program, including coaching and training, student-athlete retention, advising, mentoring and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Head Coach:
- Instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts, safety, and sport-specific skills on both an individual and team basis
- Identify and recruit talented and qualified prospective student-athletes according to program recruiting plan.
- Teach, advise and mentor student-athletes on life-skills.
- Create sport-specific practice and game plans, analyze film and facilitate team meetings.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Assist with monitoring and supporting academic progress of student-athletes/teams to exceed athletic department standards
- Assist with maintaining acceptable student-athlete retention rates to the team and/or institution
- Assist with budget management, fundraising, travel planning and program organization
- Assist with Alumni/parent communication and involvement, including organizing events as appropriate
- Assist with organizing and participating in team community-service event(s)
- Assist with camps and clinics
- All other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of playing/coaching experience required, recruiting experience preferred.
- Knowledge and adherence to the MIAC Code of Ethics.
- Follow MIAC and NCAA Division III guidelines and regulations, while exhibiting behavior that represents a positive image of the athletic program and the college.
- Integrity and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to build and strengthen cross-campus relationships
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to be attentive to details, be accurate, be precise.
- Ability to lead/teach and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to reason/analyze; maintain confidentiality; and demonstrate patience, understanding.
- Ability to show initiative; organize workflow; manage one or more projects; and handle frequent interruptions.