Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is accepting applications for the parttime position of Head Men’s Basketball Coach. The successful candidate is responsible for leading all
aspects of the program including recruiting, scouting, coaching and counseling.
- Supervise all activities related to the student athletes.
- Provide academic, personal, and professional mentoring to student-athletes. Comply with all NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Coordinate program’s recruiting efforts by identifying and evaluating prospects, making initial contact with potential recruits, and selling the school and program to recruits that
- meet admission guidelines to achieve roster goals and build a competitive team.
- Maintain records of all recruiting contacts and keep Athletics Director informed of recruiting efforts.
- Assist with making regular contact with students and assist with needs for enrollment into College such as transcripts and class scheduling.
- Establish the team’s competition and practice schedules which includes but not limited to coordinating, locating, and scheduling of opponents, make travel arrangements for away games. Scheduling and assistance for opponents’ practices in gymnasium and possible travel.
- Communicate with players’ teachers and with student services regarding class, absences, and academic progress.
- Assist the Sports Information Director with player and program information for publication on athletics web site and other media information. Coordinate and organize equipment.
- Frequent travel including overnight and weekend travel is required. Other duties may be assigned.