Under supervision of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach, provide assistance in the leadership of all coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for a Division III men’s basketball program. Individual reports to the Director of Athletics and the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, training and competition;
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
• Assist in directing all aspects of the program;
• Assist with the holistic development of men’s basketball student-athletes;
• Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
• Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the men’s basketball program;
• Actively participate in department-wide fundraising initiatives;
• Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics;
• Will be assigned a secondary job duty by the Director of Athletics
• Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with previous collegiate playing experience required; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of basketball and its playing rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of basketball; knowledge of travel, lodging, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling up to 25 pounds. Standing and or walking for more than four hours per day.
Bachelors Degree with previous collegiate playing or coaching experience required.