Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS) is seeking an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach for the 2020 season. This position assists in the management, development and maintenance of a competitive Men’s Basketball program within the guidelines of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) and CCS, including during the pre-season and out-of-season.
NOTE: This position is open until filled. To ensure consideration, please submit your application as soon as possible.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with student-athlete recruiting, organizing, budgeting, teaching and developing skills, team transportation, team conduct, advising, scheduling, public relations (students, staff, and community)
- Assist with developing and maintaining a competitive Men’s Basketball program within the guidelines and philosophy of CCS and the NWAC
- Assist with recruiting and retaining student athletes adhering to the rules and regulations of the NWAC and CCS
- Teach the fundamentals of Men’s Basketball and create practice and game schedules
- Follow all state, CCS and CCS Foundation purchasing and travel procedures
- Promote a diverse college environment and enhance CCS’s visibility in the local community
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to conference rules
- Encourage and demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times
- Represent CCS in a positive manner
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Coaching experience in high school or collegiate setting.
- Ability to advise, mentor and guide student athletes.
- Availability to attend all practices and games including during the evenings and weekends.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (or will obtain within 30 days of hiring).
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in physical education or a related field.
- Assistant coach experience at the college level.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to NWAC intercollegiate basketball rules and regulations.