In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, assist in administering the progress and success of the intercollegiate men’s basketball program within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference and DePaul University. This includes all pre-season, in-season and post-season activities necessary to the development of a nationally-competitive team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in coordinating the evaluation, recruitment, preparation and development of all student-athletes.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to men’s basketball.
- Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings.
- Assist in monitoring and encouraging the scholastic progress of student-athletes in conjunction with the Athletic Academic Advising Office, so as to promote their academic success.
- Assist in the development of the annual traditional and non-traditional competition schedule under the direction of the Athletic Director, in conjunction with NCAA regulations.
- Assist with adherence to the program’s budget, in conjunction with the Athletic Business Office.
- Work with Business Office on travel arrangements, equipment purchases, and expense reports.
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with alumni and support organizations (Athletic Advisory Council, “D” Club, Blue Crew, etc.) of DePaul University.
- Serve as the department’s liaison on all public relation and promotional activities for the men’s basketball program and work with the Athletic Development Office to solicit gifts.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.