Under supervision of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach, assisting in all facets of the men’s basketball program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as recruiting coordinator and opponent scouting coordinator
- Assist with planning, instructing and supervising daily practice sessions
- Coordinate and conduct off season workouts
- Work with compliance coordinator to ensure compliance with all NCAA and LSC rules
- Assist with scheduling, fundraising, and summer camps
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have a minimum of one year of coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Must have a commitment to the success and prosperity of student-athletes
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A valid New Mexico Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment is also required, as well as the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and road conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of basketball philosophies and coaching methods
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with student athletes of all backgrounds
- Knowledge of NCAA rules governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.