Fisher College, a private non-profit comprehensive College located in Boston’s Back Bay, is seeking an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach. The Assistant Men’s Basketball coach reports directly to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
Specific duties include, but aren’t limited to:
• Promote the philosophy and objectives of the Fisher College Athletic Department, including adhering to all Departmental, Collegiate, A.I.I., and NAIA rules and regulations; cooperate with all coaches and administrative staff within the intercollegiate athletics programs to enhance overall departmental operations.
• Assist with scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, specifically with maintaining steady communication with the student-athlete and the Head Coach.
• Assist in coaching student-athletes including evaluating their performance in practices and competition and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponents’ teams and assist in designing game plans and strategies.
• Operate within approved budget allocations; assist with planning and coordinating approved fundraising activities, as assigned.
• Perform all other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s degree and valid driver’s license required.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills:
• Collegiate coaching experience in the sport for which application is being made.
• Knowledge of/commitment to/willingness to learn NAIA rules specifically regarding recruiting and eligibility.
• Demonstrated ability in coaching and in recruiting at the collegiate level.