The Assistant Coach will be involved in all facets of the program
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and reputation of Gallaudet University and the Athletics program and make a positive impact on the community.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists head coach in all facets of the program
- Abides by all NCAA, institutional and conference rules and regulations
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for practices and contest.
- Assist in organizing home contests and away travel arrangements
- Recruit highly competitive student-athletes that meet the high standards of Gallaudet University
- Communicate with Sports Medicine, Sports Information, Strength and Conditioning, and Administrative staff
- Attend departmental and other meetings as necessary
- Proficiency to perform various office duties such as managing database of recruits, maintaining contacts and records.
- Help to run a summer basketball camp
- Put together scouting reports of opponents.
- Other tasks as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required. Previous playing and/or coaching experience. Ability to work effectively with students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal, written, and public relation communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and professionalism at all times
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Will need to learn sign language