Glenville State College, member of the NCAA Division II Mountain East Conference is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefit eligible position.
Examples of Duties
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions.
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Men’s Basketball recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the College and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the college, athletics department and Men’s Basketball program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Men’s Basketball program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of Glenville State College, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pioneer Athletic Club members and College staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support GSC PAC activities representing the Men’s Basketball program and GSC athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.