- Assist the head coach with all coaching duties; including planning and implementation of practice plans, scouting reports, game plans, and film breakdown as assigned by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in developing, instructing, and teaching scholar-athletes fundamentals, technique, and strategy in order to motivate high level performance from individuals and, collectively, as a team.
- Assist the head coach with the evaluation and recruitment of athletically talented and academically qualified scholar-athletes in support of the College’s mission and philosophy.
- Monitor, oversee, and support scholar-athlete academic success and degree progress as directed by the head coach.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish a good rapport and effective working relationship with scholar-athletes, coaches, administrators, faculty, alumni, and the general public.
- Acting as supervisor/head coach representative in the absence of the head coach, and perform other duties as assigned by the head coach or athletic director.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent knowledge obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience).
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Learned knowledge and skills to support variety of routine tasks requiring some degree of difficulty.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion on operational and personnel matters within their unit/functional area. Have authority to waive or deviate from established policies. Existing practices are used as guidelines to determine specific work methods and carries out work activities independently; escalates problems to executive as appropriate.