The Assistant Basketball Coach reports to the Head Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NJCAA, Region X and Louisburg College.
- Provide instruction to basketball student-athletes on the fundamentals, details and strategy of basketball as assigned by the head coach.
- Must maintain game stats/records of participation for individuals for JV all games. ● Assist the head coach in developing game strategies.
- Counsel student athletes in sport participation, personal developments and academics. ● Assist in monitoring student-athletes academic progress.
- Work with admissions to enroll student athletes.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
- Ability to travel and recruit student-athletes.
- Ability to learn and comply with all policies and regulations of Louisburg College and the NJCAA.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s preferred.
- Previous coaching/ playing experiences at the collegiate level are preferred. ● Valid driver license.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes academically and athletically.
● A background check will be required of the successful applicant.