The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
- Familiarity with NJCAA governing rules;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, specifically related to the recruitment of student-athletes;
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and efficiency skills;
- Ability to maintain strict accuracy and be detail oriented;
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven collegiate or club coaching experience;
- First aid, CPR and AED certification or pass testing within one month of date of hire;
- Ability, technical skills, and proven knowledge to work with elite collegiate athletes;
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written) in order to work within a state ranked program;
- Motivated self-starter with high character, integrity and leadership skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as with others;
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office and Windows based applications;
- Valid Florida driver’s license;
- All instructors/coaches must meet the appropriate credentialing requirements for the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The following is preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential job functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly under the supervision of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach on all organizational and coaching aspects of the collegiate team;
- Working fluctuating hours and responsibilities within different functional areas of the institution to be determined.
- Developing, implementing and modifying curriculum.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with all responsibilities in the development and implementation of all training for athletes in the program on a yearly basis. This will be inclusive of all conditioning and technical aspects involved with the sport of Men’s Basketball.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach Page 2
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Continued):
- Assisting with all recruitment of athletes that may become future student-athletes in the Men’s Basketball program. This responsibility will be inclusive of telephone calls, written communication, and on/off campus visits.
- Assisting with the coordination and running of summer camp programs for the local community members within the sport of Men’s Basketball.
- Assisting with assuring all aspects of game day management are complete for each contest.
- Working as part of a team in supporting student success, retention and completion.
- Driving duties as assigned.
- Completing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.