The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach assists the head coach in the overall operation of the Men’s Basketball program.
- Complies fully with all NCAA, Horizon League (or other conference) and Indiana University rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Assists the head coach in the development of a competitively successful team to represent Indiana University positively and responsibly. Provides student athletes the opportunity for a positive experience and climate in which to achieve their academic, athletic, and personal goals.
- Develops instructional plans for individual student athletes and the entire team, ensuring that special needs and issues as identified by the coaching staff are addressed.
- Assists the head coach in providing leadership and instruction in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student athletes by counseling team members in academic, citizenship, sportsmanship, and personal matters, as assigned.
- Organizes and manages assigned recruiting efforts and administrative responsibilities.
- Represents the team, department, and university in a positive, professional and ethical manner; responds appropriately to media, marketing, fund-raising and community service requests, as assigned. Exhibits professionalism in a manner consistent with the missions and goals of Indiana University, the Horizon League, and the NCAA.