|Jackson State University, an NCAA Division I member of the Southwestern Athletic Conference and one of the leading institutions of higher education in the region, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and enhance the academic and athletic prowess of the program.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with the organization, direction, and administration of the men’s basketball program.
- Must be fully committed to compliance with all established institutional, conference and NCAArules and regulations.
- Recruitment of highly skilled student-athletes who are capable of excelling both on the court as well as in the classroom.
- Organize and provide skill instructions for student-athletes.
- Manage the sport’s budget.
- Schedule games and fundraisers for the program.
- Establish professional relationships with key members of the local community as well as alumni.
- Maintain a keen knowledge of the sport of men’s basketball through ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Assist the Head Coach with responsibilities pertaining to sustaining a highly competitive Division I basketball program.
- Assist the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Assist with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assist, as directed, with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts.
- Provide technical support and training to athletes, as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Conduct recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, SWAC, and Jackson State University rules.
- Assist in creating professional relationships with key members of the local community and alumni.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of assigned team members.
- Other duties as assigned.