The purpose of the Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is to assist the Head Coach in the organization, management, and administration of an NCAA Division I Basketball program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 45% – Teaching proper basketball fundamentals and techniques to individuals and groups of student-athletes on a daily basis including specific skill work on the court as well as classroom instruction.
- 45% – Assisting in recruiting student-athletes that meet the academic, social, and athletic standards at the University of Louisiana Monroe.Monitor practice management and academic progress of student-athletes within the basketball program.
- 10% – Additional responsibilities include assisting with coordination of basketball showcase events, athletic department fundraising objectives, and increasing community support through positive public relations initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred; collegiate experience preferred;
- Experience in recruiting successful student-athletes preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Have the ability to work with a diverse population;
- Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details effectively;
- Must maintain a thorough knowledge and commitment to compliance with all NCAA, Sun Belt, and ULM rules and regulations.