The assistant men’s basketball coach provides support to the Head Coach in planning all phases of a varsity athletic program during the playing season and recruiting in the offseason.
1) Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
• Assist the head coach with practice preparation, plans and team supervision.
• Plan and conduct practice sessions during the preseason, regular season and non-traditional segment.
• Create and implement practice and game plans to assist head coach.
• Scout opponents and create strategies for team success.
• Exemplify excellent leadership and proper code of conduct.
• Work toward the ultimate welfare and safety of the athlete and his/her educational goals.
• Demonstrate an explicit understanding of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
• Abide by all policies, practices and philosophies of the Intercollegiate Athletic Program and Mount Ida College.
• Attend all practice sessions, team meetings, and home and away contests.
• Cover all varsity coaching responsibilities when the Head Coach is absent from such duties.
• Responsible for recruiting academically and athletically qualified student-athletes and assisting the head coach with meeting enrollment goals.
• Travel to tournaments, showcases, and games to scout potential recruits.
• Meet with recruits and families during recruiting visits and open houses.
• Abide by all NCAA Division III recruiting rules.
1) Bachelor’s degree required
2) Collegiate playing experience (preferred)
3) Two years previous college coaching experience (preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1) Knowledge of the sport.
2) Valid driver’s license.
3) Willingness to travel.
4) Excellent organizational and communication skills.