Assist the Head Coach with managing and supervising the day to day operations of the athletic team, including teaching, coaching, fund-raising activities; provide leadership and support for the vision and strategies of the Head Coach.
- Negotiate scholarship offers to prospects under the direction of the head coach.
- Coordinate and oversee the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Prepare and distribute recruiting information.
- Attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation and contact when appropriate.
- Make phone contact with prospective student-athletes when appropriate.
- Plan campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents.
- May serve as a recruiting coordinator as directed by the Head Coach.
- Scout future opponents by film, watching games and/or telephone reports.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to head coach and team members.
- Prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions as directed.
- Teach individuals and groups of players specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice, during season and off-season.
- Serve as a mentor to athletes, helping resolve academic and non-academic issues.
- Be available to coaches and players before, during and after practices, games, and events.
- Be knowledgeable of the rules and fundamentals of the respective sport.
- Coach specific units as directed by the Head Coach.
- May serve in a coordinator role.
- Teach advanced level skills and game strategies.
- Plan long and short term objective under the leadership of the head coach.
- Assist in the establishment of requirements for team members in terms of academic and athletic progress.
- May serve as the academic liaison for the team.
- Assist in the discipline of student-athletes.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts with the Athletic Academic Services Staff.
- Coordinate scholarships with the Athletic Compliance Staff.
- Assist in the management of the budget if applicable.
- Assist in the coordination and management of team travel if applicable.
- Assist in the completion of all necessary compliance documentation under the direction of the compliance office.
- Serve as guest speaker at public events on behalf of MSU Athletics.
- Recommend policies and procedures for the student-athlete handbook.
- Serve in a leadership role and promote participation in community service activities by student-athletes.
- Assist in the formulation of team and department fund-raising activities and promotional events.
- Coordinate community service and MSU athletics-to-school programs under the direction of the Marketing and Promotions Office.
- Administer day-to-day operations and staff of summer athletic camps and other “reach out” programs for school aged children, as directed by the head coach.
- Be knowledgeable of NCAA and MVC rules.
- Assist in planning a competitive schedule if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.