- Serves as a role model to mentor team members to develop and display appropriate behavior and sportsmanship expected of athletic teams and individuals representing Nicholls State University.
- Supports and monitors academic performance and social development of the student athletes. Maintains discipline and development programs. Demonstrates concern for the health, safety and welfare of each student athlete. Enforces team discipline and policies by providing guidance and counsel.
- At all times, complies with all University, Southland Conference, as well as all NCAA rules and regulations. Remains current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University and Southland Conference rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics. This includes the requirement for self-reporting any possible rule violations and participation in the annual NCAA continuing education programs including passing the NCAA certification test. Further, you are advised that any violation of NCAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include:
- Provides reports and information concerning the men’s basketball program as required.
- May represent the University, including speaking engagements, at various business and civic group meetings regarding the men’s basketball program.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
- Provides assistance to the Men’s Basketball Head Coach with activities associated with the program and student athletes including, but not limited to, recruitment, on-the-floor coaching, video work, and community involvement.
- Provides leadership for all aspects of men’s basketball to ensure a highly competitive and successful program.
- Observes student-athletes during practice and competition to identify opportunities for individual or team improvement. Teaches players specific tasks and skills before, during, and after practice.
- May help schedule contests and reviews film to self-scout and scout other teams.
- Assists with recruitment of new student athletes including, but not limited to, attends off-campus games for the purpose of contact and evaluation, manages recruitment material mailings, maintains contact and plans campus visits with prospective student athletes.
- Assists in coordination of all enrollment activities of men’s basketball student athletes.
- Participates in athletic development and fundraising activities for athletics programs. Supports leadership development, team development, and community service.