Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach – Northland College
|Conference:||Upper Midwest Athletic Conference|
Northland College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin, is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and driven individual for its Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach position.
This position reports to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and the Director of Athletics. Duties include:
– Practice and game preparation & execution.
– Breakdown and editing film of team practices, games and future opponents’ games. – Creation of opponent scouting reports, and game plan for success.
– Identification and recruitment of high-quality student-athletes, including travel to see recruits play/practice, communicate with recruits, parents, high school & AAU coaches, etc.
– Maintain recruiting database.
– Create recruiting material, including hard copies and digital material.
– Maintain team social media accounts.
– Communications with alumni and program sponsors/donors.
– Plan and execute annual Alumni Game & Alumni Day.
– Monitor and track academic progress of student-athletes.
– Help create and monitor strength & conditioning program of student-athletes.
– Promote, plan and execute both summer youth camps and high school summer league.
– Create and maintain effective working relationship with multiple departments across campus, including admissions, faculty, advancement, athletics, maintenance, etc.
– Explore, plan and engage in community service and fundraising projects for both the program and the athletic department as a whole.
– Plan, schedule and coordinate team travel including transportation, lodging and meals.
– Other duties within both the men’s basketball program and the athletic department as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Experience coaching at the high school, college and/or professional level.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to teach the game of basketball at a high level, both offensively and defensively, within the systems as set up by the Head Coach, while also providing valuable insight and input on ways to improve teaching and strategy.
– Dedication to the physical, social, emotional, and academic development of student-athletes, as well as the overall well-being of the individual student-athlete, the men’s basketball program, the athletic department and the institution as a whole.
– Working knowledge of NCAA rules and demonstrated dedication to the ethical following of those rules. – Current CPR and First Aid certificate or willingness to acquire certification.
– Previous collegiate coaching experience.
– Previous success in recruitment and retention of high-quality student-athletes.
– Past experience with creating both digital recruiting and social media content, and hard copy recruiting materials.
– Experience with team and opponent video breakdown, specifically with Synergy Sport Tech (other systems acceptable).
– Certified Strength & Conditioning certificate or willingness to acquire certification. – Previous experience with running youth summer camps.
– Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Upper Midwest Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
Questions/Inquiries/Recommendations can be sent to: [email protected]