This position is responsible for assisting the Head Men’s Basketball Coach with various duties relating to the administration, management, and operations of the Men’s Basketball Program.
- Assists the Head Coach with all areas of administration and team management for the Men’s Basketball Program.
- Coordinates and assists the Head Coach with practice and game plans for the men’s basketball program. Adheres to all NCAA and Conference rules and regulations to ascertain that the program is administered and conducted in compliance with the policies and procedures of all governing entities (i.e., the NCAA, the SWAC, the TAMU System, the University, and the Department of Athletics). Reports any violations of these rules that may arise to the proper authority.
- Assist the Athletic Compliance and Academic Advising staff in monitoring the academic progress of the student-athletes participating in the men’s basketball program through daily and/or weekly reports from the Academic Advising staff. Acts as the study hall liaison to assist the Academic Advising staff with the Men’s Basketball athletes.
- Attends workshops, clinics and conferences and continue with NCAA Rules trainings to stay current with knowledge and information as it relates to Athletics and the sport of Men’s Basketball.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.