This position is responsible for assisting the Head Men’s Basketball Coach with various duties relating to the administration, management, and operations of the Men’s Basketball Program.
- Assists the Head Men’s Basketball Coach with practice and game preparations.
- Adheres to all NCAA and Conference rules and regulations to monitor and ascertain that the program is administered and conducted in compliance with the policies and procedures of all governing entities (ie: the NCAA, the SWAC, the TAMU System, the University, and the Department of Athletics).
- Responsible for reporting any violations of the rules that may arise to the proper authority.
- Act as liaison between the student-athletes and the department’s housing representative to address all room and board needs.
- Assists with on and off campus recruiting, with a heavy emphasis on JUCO recruiting.
- Handles all film exchanges and film editing (ie: scouting reports, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Applicants with equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree may be considered. One year of the related experience is the equivalent of one college year. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have four years of related experience to meet the equivalency in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree plus the minimum required years of experience. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have a total of seven years of experience.
Job Posting Close Date: