To assist the head coach, as second in command in his absence, to oversee the administration, management and organization of the men’s basketball program and the coaching staff.
- Will assist the head coach as the lead assistant coach and will act as head in his absence to handle any situation that may arise. This position is responsible for working with the head coach to coordinate practice and game scheduling plans, organizing team meeting and organizing individual workouts. Will assist in all facets of managing the budget, purchasing of all athletic equipment, supplies and products for the men?s basketball program. Will also be responsible for training and overseeing the other assistant coaches and staff members. Is responsible for attending workshops, conferences, conventions and clinics to remain current with affairs concerning the sport of intercollegiate men’s basketball.
- Will be responsible for holding players accountable on and off the court in the absence of the head coach. Will adhere to and monitor the compliance of all rules and regulations set forth for the team by the Athletic Department, the University, the SWAC Conference, the TAMU System, and the NCAA and will report any violations that may arise to the proper authority.
- Will adhere to and monitor the compliance of all NCAA and Conference rules and regulations. Will report any violations of these rules and regulations that arise to the proper officials.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- Three years of coaching experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Job Closing Date: