Summary: Queens University of Charlotte, an NCAA Division II affiliate, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball. This position reports to the Head Coach, Men’s Basketball. This position is not exempt from provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is eligible to earn overtime pay or compensatory time off for additional hours worked.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Adhere to the highest standards of student-athlete welfare
• Assist head coach in developing coaching techniques, overall team and individual player strategies
• Assist student athletes with individual performance and provide leadership/direction for improvements
• Adhere to all NCAA rules and regulations for the sport
• Coordinate activities for home & away matches including travel plan, inventory or equipment, etc.
• Assist with recruiting and scouting within NCAA regulations and Queens’ academic admissions standards, including: develop database, call potential recruits, plan and organize recruiting trips, and accurately and timely complete all paperwork associated with those efforts
• Oversee student athlete weight room training, in coordination with Strength & Conditioning coaches
• Provide informal support to student athletes in academic and personal matters
• This position is considered a Responsible Employee for purposes of the university’s Sexual Misconduct Policy. As such, this position is required to report any incident of sexual misconduct or interpersonal violence to the university’s Title IX Coordinator when made aware of such.
• Support staff in event operations on a regular basis
• Participate in fundraising and public relations activities
• Participate in summer sport camps
• Must be able and willing to regularly work evenings and weekends to achieve objectives of the position.
• Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department or university needs