Responsible for assisting with the management and administration of the intercollegiate men’s basketball program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Northeast Conference, and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of basketball to assist in the development and coaching of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes. This includes: Assist in the organization and conduct of all practice sessions, conditioning, and other sport-related workouts. Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions. Provide supervision and support to the student-athletes during travel to away events. Assist in the provision of a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes. Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Assist in the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. This includes: Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Enrollment Management. Assist in the provision of all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Administrative duties include: Participate in the making of travel arrangements, including transportation, lodging, and meals. Assist the Head Coach in the performance of public relations and fundraising duties as needed. Assist in ensuring program compliance with all NCAA, NEC, and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of coaching in the sport of men’s basketball at the collegiate level required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid driver’s license is required.