The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting all aspects of the men’s basketball program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the administration of all phases of an NCAA Division I men’s basketball program.
- Help develop and supervise the student-athletes in the men’s basketball program, by supporting the head coach’s strategies to motivate maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining academically and athletically qualified student-athletes, working directly with the Admissions Department.
- Along with the head coach, monitor student-athletes academic progress.
- Support the head coach in promoting a philosophy of educational welfare, sportsmanship and conduct in alignment with the University’s mission.
- Assist in organizing, preparing and supervising all training practices and game day contests.
- Assist in ordering of athletic gear.
- Assist in coordinating all travel.
- Assist in the positive promotion of the men’s basketball team.
- Adhere to all MAAC and NCAA rules and regulations.