Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach – Skagit Valley College
|School:||Skagit Valley College|
|Conference:||Northwest Athletic Conference|
Skagit Valley College is seeking applicants for an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach, which will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of coordinating and coaching the Men’s Basketball Team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ASSISTANT COACH
1. Under the leadership of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach, assumes responsibility for the preparation and training of selected members of the Men’s Basketball team, and provides supervision and leadership for both practice and competitive activities. Evaluates practice sessions and related activities with proper attention to the players’ mental, emotional, social and physical well-being.
2. Attends and provides supervision for all practice sessions unless excused by the Head Coach. Travels with the team to out-of-town games unless excused.
3. Assists with pre-season conditioning and strength programs for each athlete.
4. Assists the Head Men’s Basketball Coach with student scouting and recruiting.
5. Provides an example of competitive, but sportsmanlike conduct. Deals fairly and honestly with all persons concerned with the sport.
6. Becomes familiar with and implements all necessary college policies, rules, regulations and guidelines as they relate to this position, including student rights and responsibilities concerning harassment of any kind and drug and alcohol use.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, abilities, education and experience)
1. Men’s basketball experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the concepts, techniques, principles, and strategies of men’s basketball.
2. Good communication and teamwork skills
3. Associates degree
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators and other members of the college community.
5. Strong level of integrity and ethical approach to student athletics
6. Ability to interact effectively with high school coaches, prospective athletes and their parents.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, abilities, education, and experience)
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to head coach Brock Veltri: [email protected]