- Understand, embodies, and supports the team’s philosophy as developed by the Head Coach
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student athletes.
- Provides skill demonstrations of positions
- Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
- Assists with the recruitment of student athletes
- Assists with campus tours, recruiting visits, and identifying PSA’s
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues
- Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as necessary
- Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games
- Assists with developing practice plans and individual workouts for players
- Manages film breakdown, exchange, and game planning for each opponent
- Must have flexible hours, the ability to travel and work weekends
- Assists the Head Coach in fundraising for the program and managing the budget
- Pass the NCAA Division III rules test
- Follow rules and regulations in the coach’s handbook
- Monitor Gallego Center for safety when gym is in use for open gym basketball
- Represent Sul Ross State University, the Athletic Department and your program in a professional manner, on the court/ field and off the court/field.
Other Coaching duties as assigned
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. This position is Security Sensitive.